Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2007-08 Fleer Hot Prospects



I picked up a couple packs of 2007-08 Fleer Hot Prospects the other day in hopes of getting some Durant cards while he was still in a Sonics uniform. It is no secret that I am not a big fan of Clay Bennett, the captain of the OKC Thunder (nee Seattle SuperSonics) pirate ship.

I do not think I have opened a pack of Fleer Hot Prospects since Fleer was actually Fleer, but I am pretty happy with the card design. You have a close up of the player in action; the player is centered with the background hued in the team colors. The card has large borders along the top and bottom that contain the product name, player name, jersey number and position. The backs have a design using the team colors; near the top are the team logo and an additional photo of the player. There is a short blurb about the player and their last 5 years of stats along with their NBA totals.


Excellent choice for the poster boy of the product




I was kind of surprised to pull a Jordan card in a pretty current set, but I guess UD does what they can to get him in to a release.


Supreme Court and Notable Newcomers subsets



Overall I really liked the set because it does have an artistic flair to it, a good checklist and whenever you can pull a Michael Jordan you should be pretty happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment