Sunday, June 7, 2009

2008-09 Topps Basketball

With the economy affecting our budget my sports card purchases have been limited to the occasionally stop at the sports card shop, a deal on eBay or blowoutcards.com or on occasion, picking up a blaster box at a retail store.

About 2 weeks ago my wife and I were shopping at Wal-Mart and I decided to take a look at the sports card section to see what they had available. With basketball season winding down the retailers have been pretty limited on what they carry for basketball, so I was looking to see what I could find. I came across two boxes of 08-09 Topps Basketball; unfortunately a pack searcher got to the boxes and busted them open leaving bent packs all over the shelves. Sad to say, the other day I stopped by again and the packs were put back in to the boxes, the boxes were sealed with tape and put back on the shelf at regular price…

Anyway, I was really in the mood for basketball and while shopping at another store I found 2 sealed boxes of 08-09 Topps Basketball sitting nicely on the shelf so I grabbed them up. I will be reviewing the set in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment