Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Random Blaster Box- 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions

Next blaster box is the 2009 Goodwin Champions. I love this set and was one of my favorite sets of 2009, not just from baseball but from all releases that year so when I saw a couple of blasters sitting in a cart waiting to be put out I grabbed a box.

Unfortunately there was nothing special that I was looking for, mainly I was hoping to pull the Ken Griffey Jr night version card. I wish I could say I came across some highlights but my biggest interest was in the cards of Hall of Famers. I pulled a handful with Nolan Ryan and Ozzie Smith being the biggest names.


I also pulled A Buffalo Bill Cody card, I know a lot of people are not big on non-sports people appearing in baseball sets but I love the historical connection.

The “Hit” came in the form of a Todd Helton white jersey swatch with a purple pinstripe.


1 comment:

  1. I think the non-sports people get a little too much attention sometimes, but I like the Bill Cody cards.

    ReplyDelete