Friday, December 31, 2010

Final Pack Of The Year- Empire Strikes Back 3D

With just over 2 hours left in the year I open my final pack, a pack from the Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back 3D 30th Anniversary release. I was born in 1972 and the Star Wars trilogy is something that I connect with my childhood. When Topps releases a new Star Wars related set I always make sure to grab up a couple of packs.

This release is rather small with a 48-card checklist, the set also includes sketch cards (1:72 packs) and autograph cards. Each box contains 24 packs with 3 cards a pack so you should be able to complete a set with just 1 box with sketch cards coming 1 in every 3 boxes. The cards are printed on a heavier stock in the tall boy fashion, what Topps usually describes as “Widevision”. Boxes are running under $50 each, I picked up this pack for $2 at Target.

The first card shows Luke on his Tauntaun checking in after seeing the asteroid striking the ground on Hoth. The back of each card contains a description of the scene, a trivia fact and two images.
 

 Next up is Vader and Boba Fett showing up at Bespin City. This card looks like there was a printing error which can be seen in the scan. Boba Fett’s images were printed farther apart than they were supposed to be to create the 3D image which left the image feathery and blurry.


Finally is Luke at Bespin in the scene where he was trying to follow Vader and Leia yells out “It’s a trap!”

2 comments:

  1. Darth Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

    moe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best movie in the SW saga (IMO)... and I'm with you... I totally connect SW with my childhood. I just watched the original trilogy with my nephew a few days ago.

    Btw... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete