Monday, December 20, 2010

Random Blaster Box- 2010 Topps Platinum Football

I am not a fan of chrome, foil or any of those other materials to make a card shiny but just like I gave the various Chrome releases a chance I decided to grab up a blaster of Topps Platinum. I like the action shots used but the layout and foil had me seeing flashbacks to the 2006 Leaf Limited set.


 My box was all about rookie Wide Receivers with 13 of my 18 rookies being a receiver or TE. I am pretty happy with my pulls too with the best of the group being Mike Williams and Jordan Shipley followed by KR Jacoby Ford and Eric Decker and PR Golden Tate (I had to smile pulling this Seahawk rookie). I was surprised when I pulled a White Refractor #/499, they are 1:46 packs, of Patriot’s WR Aaron Hernandez, who is having a decent season up in New England. Of course Mardy Gilyard made it in to my box; he was one of those extra thick rookie cards.

My other rookies were QBs Colt McCoy, Dan LeFevour and Zac Robinson along with DL and part-time horrible kicker Ndamukong Suh and DB Eric Berry. The autograph I pulled is of Vikings Joe Webb, the man was drafted with the intention of playing receiver for the Vikes but in a turn of events will be lining up under center Monday night against the Bears in a game that has suddenly drawn the attention of many sports fans for various reasons. Even though I do not really care for the set I do like this card because the design. A decent picture of Webb, the team logo stands out nicely and the autograph (besides being a sticker) is well placed within the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment