Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ITG 2011 Prospects & Heores Baseball Series 1


Schedule Release Date: February 24, 2011
Box Configuration: 5 cards per box
SRP: $95/box

Box Break:
5 Auto or Memorabilia cards

My Thoughts:
Just yesterday I was pointing out that card manufacturers seem to be giving no love to set collectors and here we go a day later and ITG is releasing a set made of only hits.

When I wrote about this release back in August I brought up the point that I am not a fan of joining superstars with prospects, my view has not changed since then. I don’t like that they are using sticker either, you would think with prospects ITG would be able to get on-card autographs. Stealing Upper Deck’s Sweet Spot Signature design for the “Between The Seams” design is just plain low.


Pros:
Big time hits including: Johnny Bench, Tommy Lasorda, Yogi Berra, Tom Seaver, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan, Reggie Jackson, Don Mattingly and Harmon Killebrew

Every 5 card box contains 5 hits, autos or memorabilia

Cons:
Loooooooots of prospects who may never make it more than filler for a roster

Sticker autographs

Uninspired designs


Rating:
Since I am not a fan of an all hits release not to mention that I think joining HOF players with prospects is a bad move I will reserve judgment and not rate this set,

No comments:

Post a Comment