Friday, February 11, 2011

A Trade With Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle

A couple of weeks back I got an email from Greg at Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle asking if a Russell Westbrook relic that I pulled from a 2010-11 Donruss Basketball blaster is available for trade. Being an anti-OKC Thunder person (Clay Bennett is a bad man who stole the Sonics) I was more than happy to part with the card. The trade was basically a Carmelo Anthony Banner Season jersey card for the Westbrook jersey card plus a couple of additional cards.

I sadly admit that I do not trade enough, I think part of it deals with the fear of getting screwed over but I am finding that the blogging community is actually a great group of collectors.

2010 Panini Carmelo Anthony Limited Banner Season jersey relic


2009 Upper Deck Edgar Martinez SP Legendary Cuts jersey relic
Edgaaaaaar is my third favorite Mariner behind Griffey and Buhner


2008 Upper Deck Jeff Clement Ballpark Collection rookie autograph

I remember when this guy was coming up; he was the First Baseman of the future. He was sitting behind a quickly failing Richie Sexson. Unfortunately he was never given a fair shake in Seattle and was included in a trade of mediocre players to the Pirates.


1986 Swell Hall of Fame Jim Thorpe

Jim Thorpe is a favorite of mine and I am always happy to add another card to my personal collection. Thorpe is one of the greatest professional athletes in the world ever. A gold medal Olympian, NFL Hall of Famer, he played 6 years in MLB (289 games) with a respectable .252 BA and a couple of years ago it was found out that he played professional basketball for two years in 1926-27 on a team he created, the World-Famous Indians, which barnstormed across the East Coast.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards, thanks again for the swap! Hope to trade again.

    ReplyDelete