Saturday, March 19, 2011

2010-11 Upper Deck Hockey Series 2 Hands-on


I picked up a couple of packs of Upper Deck Hockey Series 2 the other day. The series has picked up where Series 1 left off with the same full-bleed design, Young Guns and the 20th Anniversary parallels. I am still just getting back in to hockey card collecting but being a life-long fan of the Islanders has made it easy to just catch up with the team.



It was nice to see that these packs were full of Islanders including one of my favorite DiPietro. On top of that I pulled a Travis Hamonic Young Gun, kind of interesting that a Defenseman would make it in to an insert titled “Young Guns”. I also pulled a couple of Victory rookie cards, a Jordan Eberle and a Nino Niederreiter. Eberle is having an awesome rookie year in Edmonton and Niederreiter started out the season in New York after being drafted with the #5 pick overall in 2010. He only played 9 games before being sent back down to the WHL but I am pretty sure we will see him back in the NHL next season.



I also pulled a Nikolai Khabibulin card. I find this card interesting even though it is just his back. The Oilers jerseys have some interesting colors that catch the eyes and the mask adds to the overall appeal. Khabib is an old-school goalie playing in his 14th season this year. He actually played for the Jets/Coyotes so he is a player I like having come through the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment