Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What To Do?

Last month I bought a blaster of 2011 Topps Opening Day and I am finally going through the packs. But as I go through the packs I realize that last year was an end of an era for me when Griffey finally retired leaving me in a position where I do not have any one specific player to collect.

I am a life-long Mariners fan but I just never jumped on the band wagon with collecting Ichiro or King Felix. Dustin Ackley is a young player I like but because he is struggling in the minors he does not have many cards showing up on any checklist. I am a Diamondbacks fan too and there are a number of young talented players coming through the desert that I like including Justin Upton and Stephen Drew so I may just turn my collection to the home team but remain a Seattle fan at heart.

Sadly I find myself in similar situations in the NBA (Suns fan) and NFL (Seahawks fan). It seems like the teams I collect are getting old and they do not really have any rising stars. The Suns do have Channing Frye (Yeah U of A) and the Seahawks have Golden Tate plus Mike Williams proved he has some serious playing left in him so I guess there are a couple of options. It is difficult to let go of my old players and move on to the young guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment