Thursday, May 17, 2012

Random Packs Of 2012 Gypsy Queen

I picked up a value rack pack of 2012 Gypsy Queen, it came with three packs and three framed gold parallels.

I started off with a couple of 2011 AL ROY candidates, Mark Trumbo (#2 overall) and Michael Pineda (#5 overall). Trumbo had a solid year last year and has started off with a bang this season. Pineda started off well going 8-6 w/ 3.03 ERA before the All-Star break but ended up 9-10 w/ 3.74 ERA to finish off the season and he is done for this season after his shoulder surgery.

Next up are a couple more Yankees, a legend in Mariano Rivera, who may have played his final game after tearing his ACL though he has said he would like to return next season. Next up is Robinson Cano, who has settled himself in as the Yankee Second Basemen for many years to come. The Mariano Rivera is the SP version.

I close out the base cards with a Hall of Famer Frank Robinson. I also pulled Orlando Cepeda and Wade Boggs from the legends checklist.

I pulled a Freddie Freeman Future Stars and a Albert Pujols Moonshots.

The special framed gold parallels include Matt Moore, David Freese and Rod Carew.

I close out with the minis, Adrian Gonzalez and Albert Pujols regular backs and a Pablo Sandoval Gypsy back.


Overall I am happy with the product, Topps has been pretty consistent with putting out a quality Gypsy Queen set year after year. I am not big on the gimmicks included though. Last year it was the Gypsy cards and this year’s Gypsy King cards. Though if I had to choose one it would be the Kings because the baseball theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment