Sunday, August 26, 2012

That Did Not Last Long

Owens released by Seahawks
 
 
Back on August 6th the Seahawks signed Terrell Ownes to a 1-year contract, at that point I expected the whole thing to go badly and T.O. to be gone in Week 1 of the NFL season. I will admit that I was wrong, he didn't even make it to the regular season but was cut today when the Seahawks made their first round of cuts. He was cut for his inability to play at a consistent level and not for being T.O. as I initially expected. He will end his triumphant return to the NFL with 2 receptions for 41 yards.
 
In other Seahawks news another Pete Carroll project, Tarvaris Jackson, is being traded to the Buffalo Bills. Not everything has been finalized but it is expected that the Bills are sending Seattle a late round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.
 
I had high hopes for Jackson, I think he is another player that has been hurt by Pete Carroll's coaching style. Hopefully Russell Wilson, who was just names the starter for the final pre-season game and for Week 1 of the regular season, is not another footnote in Carroll's destructive coaching ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment