Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Upper Deck Is Bringing The Masters To 2013 Goodwin Champions


Upper Deck is finishing up the final touches for the release of 2013 Goodwin Champions next month and as pieces are coming together they are posting up preview images. One of the hits in the release will be the hand painted “Art of the Ages” cards, a modern artist’s rendition of works from the masters like Leonardo Da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh and Claude Monet on a 2 ½ x 3 ½ card sized canvas.
 
I minored in Fine Art while earning my Graphic Design degree and this is now one of my favorite Upper Deck inserts, I am glad that they decided to take a step away from the norm and go with something unexpected.
 
There will be around 300 “Art Of The Ages” cards, each a one of one card. A checklist has not been released so I do not know who the participating artists are or which masterpieces will be included.  With Vincent van Gogh’s “Self Portrait With A Straw Hat” being included in the preview images I am hoping to see at least one of his three “Nights” paintings, I am also hoping to see Edvard Munch’s “The Scream” and anything from Umberto Boccioni during his Futurism period.





1 comment:

  1. I pulled one of these cards from John singler Sargent, saw one of his on ebay for $750. I pulled reconnoitering

    ReplyDelete