Sunday, May 4, 2014

May The Fo(rce)urth Be With You IV- Art Gallery Style


Another May 4th, the unofficial Star Wars Day, has rolled around and this years I decided to celebrate with a Darth Vader sketch card.

This month’s Art Gallery display comes from the 2009 Topps Star Wars Galaxy Series 5 release. The artist is Mark Walters of Big Fan Boy, a movie, comic book and video game site. Walters is a comic book artist and visits Comic Cons as a sketch artist. He has sketch cards in a couple of different Topps sets.
 
His art work is unique, there is always a feeling of darkness. There is an edginess to his work and that is what caught my attention. When I was young I was all about the Rebels, I cheered when they blew up the Death Star (twice) and saved the galaxy from the Sith but I have since been pulled to the dark side. I prefer the Tusken Raiders to the lovable Ewoks, I prefer Darth Maul and Bossk to C-3PO and AR-D2. A card with Darth Vader and his light saber was the perfect find for me and a nice addition to my “Evil” collection.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card. One of my most prized possessions is my SW sketch card collection.

    ReplyDelete