Friday, November 14, 2014

Random Blaster: 2014 Topps Valor Football


I finally gave in and purchased a blaster of 2014 Valor football, it has been quite a few months since I even bought a pack of cards but I do like the Valor design and each box included a relic so I figured it wouldn’t be too bad to give in just once.
 
The Valor set, while only 2 years have been released (2012 & 2014), is one of my favorite sets. I just like the way that Topps designed the sets with an artistic flair but also focusing on the players. This year Topps went with a plaid design which reminds me of the Celtic Tartan patterns. I am of Irish decent so the Celtic (pronounced Keltic) pattern leaves me with a soft spot in my heart. If I still built sets this would be a release that I would complete.
 
The cards are on light weight cardboard, except the parallels, I am not sure if this is because this is a retail product. Does anyone know if the hobby packs contain thicker cards?
 
So let’s take a look at what I pulled.

 
Starting with the Seahawks, I pulled two current and one ex-Hawk. Marshawn Lynch, Paul Richardson and Percy Harvin.

Only one Cardinal base card, the rookie TE Troy Niklas

A couple of veterans/Hall of Famers led by Barry Sanders and Deon Sanders. I also pulled a Bo Jackson (College HOF), Troy Aikman and John Riggins.

I pulled two parallels, which are on a thicker cardboard than what was used with the base cards. A Courage John Riggins #/399 and a Strength Jordy Nelson #/499
 
The relic I pulled is of Cardinals rookie QB Logan Thomas, who has become the backup to starter Drew Stanton following Carson Palmer’s season-ending knee injury last week. I am happy the relic is of a player on a team I collect.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment