Monday, October 26, 2015

R.I.P. Flip Saunders


 I have to admit that when I heard that Flip Saunders passed away yesterday I was surprised. He was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma this past summer, which has one of the best survival rates. My brother is a Hodgkin Lymphoma survivor of 20 years now so I know the treatment process pretty well. Just last month it was announced he was taking a leave of absence, which I took as he was just going through the treatment routine and wanted to be able to heal without worrying about the team. Sadly he has spent the last few weeks in the hospital due to complications with his treatment before finally succumbing to the cancer.
 
Prayers and positive thoughts to his family.

For collectors there are fans of the coach the options are limited to very few options, a couple of official NBA coach cards and a 1989 ProCards card from his CBA coaching days.

No comments:

Post a Comment