Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Cardsphere Meet And Trade


Following my annual Sports Cards Super Bowl/All That Is Left this past February I got an email from Angus of Dawg Day Cards regarding a Danny Shelton autograph that I pulled that he was interested in trading for. We were looking to make a PWE trade but he let me know he would be in the Valley visiting family this week so we just decided to meet up at a local card shop to make the trade.

Angus is a great guy and he put together a superb trade package for me made up of all my favorites. He hit the all-important Ken Griffey Jr needs, with some awesome Canadian versions too, some University of Arizona products and to top it all off a 1979 Police Seattle Seahawks team set. We met before the shop opened and just talked for awhile and when the shop opened we spent a couple more hours just going through dime and quarter boxes before I had to head home for the kids but I really had a ton of fun. Meeting other collectors from the cardsphere is always a great experience.

Here is a nice selection of cards included in the trade from Angus.

Starting with the Griffey cards:

1990 Fleer “Printed In Canada” version #513
 

1991 O-Pee-Chee #392 All-Star

 

1995 Score Gold Rush parallel #437

 

1996 Collectors Choice #100 Promo
 
A group of Former University of Arizona players plus an Arizona Cardinal (Alex Okafor) autograph




 

The 1979 Police Seattle Seahawks Team Set. The cards are slightly larger than a standard base card and there are 16 cards on the checklist. On the back of each card is a football term along with some words of wisdom.
 

 
With the top 2 cards being Jim Zorn and Steve Largent

4 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you as well! Sadly I am commenting on this from the airport waiting to board my red-eye flight home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was cool to put a face to the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me forever to find that Fleer Canadian version. I still check all the backs whenever I come across them.

    ReplyDelete