Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Buhner Is Chopping Things Down


 
I have a mini Jay Buhner pc, I just topped 100 cards with a recent COMC purchase, and when I came across a Upper Deck Collector’s Choice card from 1997 I knew I had to have it. I will begin by just going back to 2013 when Upper Deck released Goodwin Champions, which included Buhner on the checklist as card #119, and the picture that was used was Buhner with a chainsaw standing on a pile of wood. Buhner has always been a tough guy with a really soft side so this image was perfect for him. I never knew it but this image actually came from a photo shoot that Upper Deck had done with him in the late 1990s which brings me to his 1997 Collector’s Choice Big Shots insert.

Upper Deck has slipped Jay Buhner cutting wood in to two sets over a decade apart. Hopefully in another 6-8 years we don’t see a similar image show up in another Upper Deck release.
 

2 comments:

  1. So you're saying you "saw" that image before? I'll see myself out...

    ReplyDelete