Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A Couple Of Seattle Guys Late In Their Careers

It is a beautiful time of year, the heat is finally dying down and the days are cooler. Both baseball and football are in season and basketball is not far away. I have not made it a secret of my love for Seattle, I spent half of my life there and will be a die-hard Seattle fan until the day that I die and have often talked about my beloved Sea-town teams.

How about some old guys who looked to extend their career another season in Seattle? A couple of cards of one of the greatest base stealers ever,  Rickey Henderson. Henderson played 92 games in Seattle in 2000 and then went on to play for the Padres, Mets and Dodgers over the next three seasons before calling it a career.



 
Another guy who made it up the coast from the Bay Area who would put in a season in Seattle, Jerry Rice. He played 11 games for the Seahawks in 2004 and did nicely for a receiver on 42-year old legs catching 25 passes for 362-yards and three TDs. After finishing up in Seattle he signed a one-year contract with Denver but decided to retire before the ink even dried. The 2005 Upper Deck NFL Legends card lists him as a Bronco even though he never played in a regular season game for them. In 2005 Upper Deck released at least two relic cards that I know of which show Rice in a Seahawks uniform, lists him as a Bronco and include a jersey relic from one of his Raiders jerseys. I don't have either of them but they are on my Grey Whale Want List.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I always forget that Rice was in Seattle for a bit. I Def forgot about Rickey as an M

    ReplyDelete