Friday, September 9, 2016

Welcome To The NBA Hall Of Fame


 Today the NBA welcomes 10 new members in to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The class includes Shaquille O’Neal, Allen Iverson, Yao Ming, Sheryl Swoopes, Tom Izzo, Jerry Reinsdorf, John McClendon, Darrell Garretson, Zelmo Beaty and Cumberland Posey (Who is also in the Baseball Hall of Fame).

Shaq was the reason I returned to collecting in 1992, specifically the hunt for his 1992-93 Stadium Club card. A card which I consider such a big part of my collecting that it is my wallet card…I really need to take that out and take some photos.




The player out of this group that I collected was Allen Iverson, maybe not the most pleasant guy and he had an issue with practice but he played with heart and ferocity and he carried the 76ers to the 2001 NBA Finals. The thing about Iverson is he is the athlete out of all sports that I have pulled out of packs the most hits.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't link to a video clip of Iverson's practice rant.

    ReplyDelete