Thursday, October 19, 2017

More Injections In My Spine But With Bruce Lee This Time


Because of a delay with my insurance company my second spinal injection, which should have been two weeks after the previous one on September 14th, got pushed back until today (5 weeks). I had the second round of injections this morning, three shots, and hopefully there is no delay for the third round.

I am in tremendous pain so I am posting a post that I had previously partially written.

Because the back of the card is blank and the seller had no information about the sticker I have no idea what set it comes from. The image is from the movie Game of Death, which was halted when Bruce Lee died during the filming of the movie, but was eventually released in 1978. If you have a keen eye you will notice that the man he is fighting in this scene is extremely tall, 7'2" to be exact, and is none other than NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

A little six-degrees (five degrees actually) of separation I have with Bruce Lee. Beginning in 1964 Bruce Lee trained with Ed Parker, the founder of American Kenpo. Ed Parker trained Bruce Denton in American Kempo in the 1980s. Bruce Denton then took on Loren Holmberg as his student in the early 1990s and in 1998 Loren Holmberg took me on as his student.

Here I am, a much younger and healthier Corky in my Kenpo gi, when my kids were younger they liked it when I wore it around Halloween. My son went as a ninja for 3 years in a row because he wanted to be like his "ninja" dad (as he put it). On a side note, I would be the worst ninja ever even challenging Chris Farley.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really painful. Sorry you have to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool and legit 6 degrees of separation. Sorry to hear about your back. I suffer from back pain too... but nothing close to requiring spinal injections. Just saying those two words make me squirm. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and informative article written on back pain causes and treatments. I would like to give you one more idea of getting rid of back pain at home. Use recliner chair or posture corrector for supporting back and neck. Click here for more information about it before buying or finalizing it.
    Regards
    https://www.kentmskclinic.co.uk/ultrasound-guided-spinal-injections/

    ReplyDelete