Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Another Cavalcade Of Griffey XIV



Finding your favorite player’s cards from foreign sets is always a treat. There have been plenty of products that have been released internationally but the cards I am talking about are the cards that are released locally in a foreign country. Topps, Upper Deck and Panini have major releases that are sold overseas exclusively, so finding your favorite player in those sets is cool but when I can find what essentially is a broder card it seems like the card is even more special.

I picked up this card from a Venezuelan dealer and it is exactly what you would expect from a small unknown card company. Horrible picture, no card number or set name and in the case of this card, a smudge on the back near the top that someone tried to wipe it off.

I wasn’t sure how to catalog it in my Excel spreadsheet, so I asked the dealer and he said all he knows is that it came out in 1999 or 2000 and that was it, so I have it listed as a 1999/00 Venezuelan unknown.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Venezuelan card. Maybe one of your readers will step up and provide more information on this mystery card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It basically is a broder card because it isn't was produced by a major company.

    ReplyDelete