Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Art Gallery- 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs



This month’s Art Gallery display comes from Denver Brubaker, a cartoonist from Michigan, who has a very comical Sunday morning comic strip style that we all loved as kids. His style is a lot of goofy looks, large eyes and smiles as well as gangly limbs so you can see most of that in this sketch.

The card is from the 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs release, which was the beginning of a dinosaur revival in 2015-2016, and easily the best of the multiple dinosaur releases. What caught my attention with the card was the fun of it where most artists went a realistic route with their sketch cards Denver stuck to his style and I love it. I cannot even tell you what kind of dinosaur this is but he is enjoying his life no matter. Adding to the happiness is the vivid colored and strong lines, just a great card in my eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Lol. It's hard not to love cards that instantly bring a smile to your face when you see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to add one of his sketches to my collection for a long time, but I haven't found the right one yet. This is a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I think was Nachos Grande that opened a box of UD Dinosaurs on his blog. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete